I'm not really a big breakfast person in general but this morning I decided to try out a new recipe. Vegan Oatmeal Pancakes!! So I found the base of this recipe in a vegetarian magazine and changed some ingredients to make it better for me. This recipe is TOTALLY vegan and doesn't taste like it AT ALL.
Here's what you'll need:
3/4 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp of white vinegar
2 tsp of applesauce
1/2 cup of steel cut oats
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sale
There's only a few simple steps to follow:
1. Combine almond milk, vinegar and oats in a bowl. Let the oats soak for 5-10 minutes. While the oats are soaking, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
2. After the oats are finished soaking, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
3. Preheat a griddle or pan to medium heat. Coat the pan or griddle with either a cooking spray (my choice!) or canola oil.
4. When the pan or griddle is heated, use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion out the pancakes. (They will be semi thick in consistency so make sure you spread them out easily.)
5. Let the pancakes cook 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip and do the same for the other side. They should be golden brown on both sides when finished cooking.
6. Drizzle with maple syrup or use more applesauce on top and enjoy!
I hope you guys like this recipe! Try it out and let me know what you think!
PS you can find THiS recipe and more on my food blog over at itsallaboutfood.tumblr.com